Thursday, January 29, 2015

Getting to the Heart of Photography

Life is full of memorable moments
       Well hello there! First of all, can I just say that I'm totally giddy that you stopped by to read my little blog. I would most certainly give you a big hug if you were here as a thank you! Yes, I'm a hugger you should probably know that about me right off the bat. If you've had a photo session with me, I can almost guarantee that I gave you a hug, it's very hard for me to refrain from it. Also, if you tell me that makes you uncomfortable I'll probably give a hug anyways because you were honest with me, no really it's true! Well I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I like to make people feel welcomed, appreciated and comfortable. So anyhow, consider yourself hugged today.

        I'm excited to share my thoughts and ideas with you this year and I'm thrilled that you're here. Some of the things I want to accomplish with my blog is to inspire you to document your life, so that you appreciate it even more. I know this isn't a novel idea and I'm pretty sure you're already doing this. Let's face it, we live in a society that is obsessed with documenting everything, all you have to do is look around and you'll probably find someone snapping a photo with their phone and sharing them on Facebook or Instagram. However, I'm speaking more to how you're documenting and what. What I hope to achieve is to inspire you to take the photos that truly tell the story of your life, not the ones where you say "look here and smile". Those are great and they certainly have their place, but so do the day to day moments that make up our routines and make our life uniquely ours. Moments like when your son sitting at the breakfast table with his hair all a mess and you can't stop laughing about it. It's about pictures of skinned knees and tangled knots in your daughter's hair. It's also about those tender moments when your child snuggles close for a bedtime story. I'm going to be honest with you, all of those little moments mean more to me than the one or two posed photos that are hanging on my wall. Those moments mean so much to me that I have numerous heavy albums full of them. And you know what? Those are the photo that truly make me appreciate our life so much more and fill my heart with tremendous amounts of joy. So lets vow to take more of those kinds of photos in 2015. In upcoming blog posts I'll give you suggestion on how to do that and what works for me.

        I also want to take this opportunity to announce that Wunder Photography may also be adopting this kind of lifestyle photography into it's style as well. I took time this winter to really analyze what I love about photography and what I was most passionate about. Every time I asked myself that question I always came back with the fact that for me it was about documenting life and telling a story. I realized that I wanted to somehow share that with all of you in terms of the style of photography that I offer. I'm throwing around the idea of possibly doing on going in home sessions where I would capture everyday life. Right now this is all very hypothetical and there is a lot to consider, but I just wanted to let you know where my heart is and what Wunder Photography is super passionate about. As exited as I am about this, I'm allowing myself time to develope these ideas so please be patient with me. I'm hoping to spend time asking questions and refining my photography techniques to suit this new style of photography, but you'll be the first to know when I'm finally ready to make the leap.

       In addition to all of that, I just want to make this blog fun! I want to talk to you like we've been friends forever. For instance, I want to tell you when I've fallen in love with a new camera related purchase or found some awesome way to display photos in your home. Basically I want to be free to share whatever is in my heart with all of you and I hope that you're willing to listen. If you would like to follow more of my work use the links on this page to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. Please also know that I would love to hear your comments and feedback so always feel free to post them below. Thank you so much for listening and I promise to chat again with you next week! Till then, keep your chin up and a smile on your face.

Sincerely yours,

Connie Wunder


8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow along. Hoping to get some photography experience in the next year or so. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you so much for your enthusiasm! I'm so excited to share this experience with all of you, it's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so excited and proud of you for starting this new adventure! You know I am one of your biggest fans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to have your support, thank you!!

      Delete
  4. You're an amazing inspiration! I can't wait to follow along in your experience of everyday candid photography; to see what and where your new adventure takes you! It's going to be awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tifany, thank you so very much for all the support you've given to me over this past month. You've been such a huge supporter of my little dream and I can't thank you enough!! Hugs, Hugs and more hugs to you : )

      Delete
  5. Jeannie MazurkiewiczJanuary 29, 2015 at 6:00 PM

    Wunderful! Can't wait for the next edition. Congrats on making your dreams come true, Connie!

    ReplyDelete